Sunday, March 2, 2008

Project 52

Week 9
My blessing that I can't stop thinking about has to be the scriptures. I have really challenged myself this year to really understand them. I have been good about reading them but this year I have really started to study them. I already feel blessed because of it.
We as a family has started faithfully reading together every morning. Sure we have read before but it was always at the last minute read a few verses before family prayer or at breakfast while everyone eating. But, we finally have all got on board and are really doing good! It really amazes me how Cody & Kelsey can pronounce those very hard words and they are really improving on reading as well. I count this for their 15 min. reading time for school. I feel like our family has gotten stronger because of our great efforts. And, my day seems to go a little smoother. We started in January and I pray that we will keep this going in our house.

9 comments:

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

The scriptures are a wonderful blessing! You will not regret daily reading of the scriptures as a family! We have been doing it for nearly 14 years and we miss it greatly if we skip a night!

Laura said...

I love that you are doing this. I need to realize my kids are ready for the real deal and start reading the real scriptures more. Thanks for motivating me. What time of day do you set aside to read? How old is your oldest child?

Pam said...

Great job. We don't do this at all, so the fact that you are trying to be better at doing it is wonderful.

Crazymamaof6 said...

whoohoo! way to go on that! that's awesome!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

that is so awesome. this is something i really need to work on

onehm said...

I love that we read the scriptures together each morning too. It's really incredible how much they can read themselves, isn't it??
We have the younger ones each read a verse by repeating each of the words as we read it. They LOVE it and totally look forward to "reading" the scriptures!!
GREAT blessing!!

ZB said...

That's pretty incredible in my book. Harder than it sounds. Way to set such a great example for the rest of us. Awesome blessing.

tammy said...

Fabulous blessing! Life really does go smoother when we take the time to read them. We just got a new gospel doctrine teacher, who happens to be a seminary teacher, and I love the insight and excitement he brings to us scripture study, too. I'm trying to get my boys more excited about it.

Crissybug said...

The scriptures are such a blessing. I have always struggled with studying regularly, but it is amazing how much smoother life is when I make more of an effort to study. Thanks for the reminder!