Sunday, February 24, 2008

Project 52


Week 8
This week I kept thinking of things I'm blessed with but today is my blog's 1st birthday! I thought I would write about how much I have loved blogging. It's not just reading all about others lives, I won't lie I do love that. I have loved finding old friends, keeping in touch with family & making lots of new friends. Oh, and who doesn't love nice comments?! All of Mike's family is out of state so it is very nice for them to see what we are up to.
My favorite has to be having a journal. I have always been good at keeping one until the twins came. I still have mini journals for each kiddo that I keep in the kitchen. I love that I have pictures & cute sayings of my kids & next I want to make it into a book.
Since it's my blog's big day, I thought it would be fun to do a little give away! (I still need to send the other prizes out!) Leave me a comment & I will pick one lucky winner!
I can't believe I have been blogging for a year now!

15 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

Happy blog birthday! whoohooo! that is so exciting! mine is coming up! and i am still working on your prize maybe Tuesday at Lindsey's it'll be ready or for bunko! i love blogging too and it is a blessing. the connections and friendships, the journally part, and the comments. and feedback from friends. excellent blessing! HAPPY BLOG BIRTHDAY! WHOOHOO!

tammy said...

Happy B-day Brooke's blog! I love blogging for the same reasons.

Pam said...

You are so organized with journaling. I want to be much better about writing down cute words or phases that my kids say. Ok...It's a new goal. Thanks

Happy Birthday Brooke's Blog!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Happy blog-aversary! I love this blog thing, so fun and sucha great way to journal -- I've never been really good at it until I started blogging.

Jen said...

Happy Blog birthday!!! I love the blogs for the same reason as you.

onehm said...

Happy Happy Birthday, bloggie, dear!
Happy days will come to you all year!
If I had one wish, then it would be...
A Happy Happy Birthday to YOU from ME!!!

YAY for blog birthdays!
YAY for prizes!
YAY for the blessing that is...writing down "our history"!!

Paige said...

happy birthday for your blog. i love my blog too! thanks for always helping.

Laura said...

I love blogging for all the same reasons you mentioned. I love your idea of mini journals for your kids. I still remember sneaking and reading my moms journal from when I was born. I just loved reading her thoughts about me as a child. I want my kids to know these things too!

Corree said...

Happy Blog Birthday!! I too love my blog for the same reasons. Before my blog I never journaled.

Crissybug said...

Happy Blogiversary! Blogging really is an amazing thing. It really has opened a whole new world to me.

Really such a great blessing!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

happy birthday to your blog! i love reading about your life and i am so glad you got me started blogging too.

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

Wow I think Onehm should win just forthat cute song and poem!! But I'll leave a comment too just in case. Happy blogirthday!! I'm so glad you started too! It's fun to see all the fun things you do!

Cindy said...

I love to read your blog!! It inspired me to start a blog too. I've been doing it a little over a month now and need to get some tips from you. Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

HOORAY! happy blog birthday!

while blogging can take up too much unnecessary time,(for me anyway) it has been a blessing to me as well. It has helped me start keeping my personal journal again. i love that!

Crystal Star said...

I love getting to know you better through your blog so I'm glad it was born too :)
When I see you I feel like we are great friends because of my readings. Keep it up.