Monday, February 25, 2008

Memory Lane Monday

This memory I think is more from hearing it from others. I was five and my younger sister Bridget was just a baby. I do remember always being worried whenever she cried & always wanting to help. My mom was out in our backyard working in the garden. Bridget started crying so I being the helpful big sister, got her out of her bed and carried her all the way to the garden where my mom was. It was really muddy & Bridget was a very big chuck! Well in my attempt to help I made things worst by dropping Bridget in the mud. I don't really remember what I did after that probably cried. My mom has a cute picture of Bridget in the mud, I will have to get it & add it.

15 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

that is the cutest. but being the mom, man that would be a little scary. i guess a 5 year old be be ok, actually. i can't wait to see the picture if you find that one. too cute.

onehm said...

SO cute! I want to see the picture too!
And it's sweet to see how much personality we all have...even at 5. It doesn't surprise me one bit that you wanted to help out your mom even at that tender age!!!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

i remember being a little too helpful when aimee was a baby. that is so sweet for you to try and help :)

tammy said...

Oh that's funny! What a helper! Can't wait to see the pic. Good thing your Mom saw the humor and actually took one instead of freaking out.

Jamie said...

I think we all wanted to be big helpers:) That is great that your Mom thought to get a picture and not freak out that you dropped a baby. TOO funny:):)


HAPPY B-DAY TO YOUR BLOG!!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I think I dropped one of my brothers too. I remember feeling so bad about it.

Pam said...

I love this story. It's nice to look back and laugh....now.

Paige said...

i wish you had the picture it's so cute. i totally remember!

Stacey Crewse said...

I have never heard that story! Oh my goodness!! I hope you find the picture, I'd love to see it, I'm glad your mom grabbed the camera! You are always such a great helper!

Susan said...

I need to find that picture. I remember screaming but she landed gently in the mud--it must of been a soft landing because she didn't even cry. Afterwards we all started laughing seeing her in the mud. Everyone probably thinks how crazy but it really was funny.

Bridget and Dustin said...

I love that memory! Well I should say that I love the story cause I really don't remember it. You need to find the picture.

Mindy said...

Don't ya think it's amazing that our younger brothers and sisters servived US! I love that story!

Anonymous said...

See HERE

Lyndy Butler said...

Hi, You don't know me and I hope this isn't too wierd but I grew up with the Sirrines. and while wandering trough Blogland I found you. Do you by chance know how I can find Lindsay?
hope you don't mind stranger comments...and I love your blog by the way. Such fun stories and ideas.
-Lyndy

ZB said...

That's too funny. The fact that your mom took a picture instead of killing you says a lot about what a great mom she was. After a few kids, I guess you learn to see the humor.