Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring Break 2009

We had a great spring break! Paige, Rex, Tatum & Sydney went on a cruise for Tatum's dance group so we had Landon part of the week & my parents had him the rest of the time. The weather was beautiful!! The kiddos played outside a lot & got nice and dirty! Here are a few of the fun things we did this week: *This happened because of fun Grandmas and Grandpas in my kiddos lives. We are so blessed!
-Visited the park
-Picnic
-Riding bikes
-Roasted marsh mellows
-Played games in the trailer (this is so much fun to my kids for some reason. They must feel like they are living on their own.)
-This one is sad! We lost our sweet dog Tess. She was hit by a car on our street. -Went to a fun Bounce place(Frammy brought them so I don't know the name)
-Played with cousins
-Went to two movies Bedtime Stories & Bolt
-Swimming with friends
-Goofy Golfing
-Canoe rides
-Played with friends
-Fishing
-Visited the library

Friday we headed for Prescott to visit our friends that recently moved up there. I was excited because I have so many great memories of Prescott. My cousins & grandparents lived there when I was young. It had been a long time and a lot had changed! My family got to hear me go down memory lane, we even found my grandparents old house.
It was fun hanging out with the Beazers. The kiddos has a blast and didn't want to leave. We went fishing and Cody & Carter got to go on a canoe ride. We went all around down town Prescott & even met real cowboys! I had so many memories of the 4th of July celebrations as a child. Paige & I won "cutest twins" one year in the parade. When I told the kids Cody asked if there were a lot of twins in the contest? Ha Ha probably not! I never thought of that just remembered winning. We went to the library, the kids loved it & didn't want to leave. I found magazines for 25 cents so I was in heaven!!

All in all it was a wonderful week! But I'm always ready for them to go back to school. Kelsey got a cold in Prescott & Carter threw up today so maybe I get a couple of them a little bit longer!
Well my kiddos have found a new love. Not just going to the park but riding bikes at the park. Oh and they are all little dare devils! You should see Kennedi as soon as she is on her bike she races to the hills & goes straight down them.


The kiddos showing off their beautiful dirty feet!

The boys roasting marsh mellows



Right after we told the kids about our dog Tess.






Kennedi



Carter and Jackson
Carter would not take his hands off the ropes or look up!






Fishing! They wanted a fish so bad. NO LUCK!








Ferrel and Cody








Kennedi posing!









Cody at a museum we visited









The kids loving the library












Carter & the cowboy











Cody, Rita, Madison & Kelsey














4 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh my goodness Brooke! I am exhausted just thinking about all the things you guys did! I can't imagine how you felt after actually doing it!! LOL Sounds like lots of fun!

Sorry to hear about your dog. Our family would all be so sad if something happened to ours.

Traci Butler said...

Wow what a fun packed weekend! I bet your kids loved it. I love that your kids call Pam Frammy, too cute :)

Crazymamaof6 said...

sounds like a super fun spring break! bummer about your poor dog, that is always so hard.

looks like you guys had a great time.

Nikki said...

Glad to see you posting again. I agree with the above comment. What a fun filled packed weekend. Hope to see you soon.