Monday, April 28, 2008

Memory Lane Monday

The summer before I met Mike when Cody & I were living with my parents we took a trip back east. We went to go for the open house at the Nauvoo temple. Along the way we stopped at a couple other temples. The Nauvoo temple was so beautiful and it was such an amazing experience. Cody was only 2 1/2 at the time and after that trip any time he saw a temple or what he thought looked like a temple he would get so excited! That trip was so much fun my parents stayed in a hotel room in town close to temple with my grandparents. Us kids couldn't find a room close so we stayed in another town close by. We would go out to eat every night and one night went bowling. I have some cute pictures of that trip but I don't feel like looking for them. I wish I could remember more of that fun trip. I'm sure if I sat down with Bridget, Jack & Steven we could remember a lot more. I do remember that summer I was only home 5 days out of the whole month of June. I can't even imagine doing that now.

12 comments:

Nikki said...

It is so fun to look back. This New Yorker loves back east!

tammy said...

What a fun trip. I would love to go back there!

SuperCoolMom said...

We got to go to Nauvoo that summer too! It was such a great experience.

jayna said...

how fun! i love taking trips. it would be great to see some pictures of that if you come across them!!

Bridget and Dustin said...

That was such a fun trip! I have so many great memories of that summer. Love the cute picture of all of us.

Paige said...

i'm so excited about the new temple. and what a great memory i'm still so sad i didn't get to go! i still remember jack telling the " were mormon story you should have jack write that up, it's hilarious!!!)

Jen said...

What fun! I really want to do a trip like this someday! That is so exciting that the new temple is going in by you!!

Cheryl said...

I would love to go inside the Nauvoo temple! The last time we went to Nauvoo it wasn't completed. Nauvoo would be a fun place for a family reunion! That is such a cute picture in front of the temple!

Susan said...

I love hearing about your adventures on that trip. I remember Cody talking about the temple a lot afterwards--such a great memory! I'm so excited about the temple being down the street from you. I still can't believe it's going to be so close!

Susan said...

I love hearing about your adventures on that trip. I remember Cody talking about the temple a lot afterwards--such a great memory! I'm so excited about the temple being down the street from you. I still can't believe it's going to be so close!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

it sounds like so much fun!! What a memory Cody will never forget!

The Fab Fabian Life said...

Oh I am jealous the last time I was in Nauvoo there wasn't a temple! Great memories!