Friday, November 30, 2007

Ahhhh.... She listens to me!

On Wednesday Kelsey had Activity Days which she loves & never thinks it's fair that Cody gets to go to scouts every week & she only goes every other. I told her get use to it the boys always get to do more! So, they learned all about being a good babysitter. I have been working with Cody & Kelsey by teaching them how to change diapers & just other things about being responsible while watching little ones! Well Emily & Tiffany are her leaders &she loves them so much!! They were talking about making sure the house is cleaned up. Kelsey then says my mom says cleaning up while kids are around is like shoveling snow while it's still snowing! I love this girl she is always cracking me up & I have been noticing she makes little comments just like me.

Also last night Cody & Kelsey had their 3rd grade holiday performance and they did great! Cody really got into it and knew all the words & moves!! Kelsey did good too she just didn't seem as excited as Cody & maybe even a little embarrassed. I was a lot like that growing up too! On the way home Cody was telling me how the other day at school some 4th graders were teasing him. Kelsey heard them and went up to them & told them 'no one picks on my brother but me'! Cody said he was really surprised and it made him feel so good. I was so proud of her! I'm always reminding my kiddos to stick together and always be friends. I have so many good & funny memories of Paige sticking up for me!!!

12 comments:

Libby said...

That is so funny. I never heard that analogy before about the snow-so true! That's hilarious about her and Cody. How fun!

Tiffany said...

That was so funny when she said that! I can tell that you had said that many times! It's a great analogy. I never thought of it like that before. She is so cute and sweet! I love our calling!

Jamie said...

What a great Sister!!! I love it when my kids prove to me that they are actually listening. Great quote!!

onehm said...

I seriously teared up reading this. What fun to have such a sweet, beautiful daughter!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

That is such a beautiful picture of Kelsey! I miss seeing you guys. Isn't it funny the things our kids say and do? I laugh a lot over here too!

Cheryl said...

I agree! That is such a cute picture of Kelsey. I love that Kelsey sticks up for Cody. That's great!

Susan said...

I love that picture of Kelsey too. Boy does that sound familiar, that's the great part of brothers and sisters and families, we can get mad at each other but nobody else better! How fun that Emily is Kelsey's leader, I have that calling and love my girls!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

what a sweet girl!! i love that she sticks up for her brother. it sounds like they are both great helpers.

ZB said...

That's a gorgeous picture of her. What a great story to remember.

SuperCoolMom said...

I love it when you find out they've acutally been hearing those things you say! I think the girls get ripped off too, they ought to have it every week too.

tammy said...

What a sweetie! And I love what she said about her being the only one that can pick on him! Very cute!

Angela said...

What great kids... and what an even better mom to teach them to be great kids!! So sweet. Love ya!!