Friday, June 22, 2007

Memories!

Cousins
After reading Lindsey's post about the toys she loved
when she was younger made me start thinking
about the same thing and just all the fun things
we would do with cousins.
I'm sad I have no pictures of my Allen cousins
on my computer and we did so much with them.

Growing up we would go over to the Allen's or they would come
to our house, we loved to play neighbors (this was really house and dress up)
but that was what we called it. We loved to trade toys before leaving each
others houses and we never liked to leave and got pretty
good at hiding. One time Brooks made it all the way to our house, my dad was not happy!
We would walk to Smitty's and always get yelled at for running
across the golf course. Stacy, Paige and I would walk around and act like we were shopping.

Our other cousins we spent a lot of time with was the Evan's my moms
sisters kids. Oh, I have so many funny stories of the crazy stuff we did
together. Paige, Stacey and I going door to door trying to sell stuff (anything)
or the time we thought we would walk to Taste Freeze! It took us forever
and we only had a dollar so we all three shared an ice cream sandwich. We
got in so much trouble, after that we could never come up to visit Grandma
all together. She paired us up with different cousins, I went with Michael and I
remember having fun and not minding being with Michael. But, my only complaint
was he loved to snuggle! I even asked Grandma if she could get him a teddy bear!
Another time we searched the house for spare change and talked Aunt Cheryl
into taking us to "Castle Rock" I can't remember but I think that was the name.
I could go on and on!!!
Cousins are great I'm so happy I was so close to mine and have such great
memories! I hope my kiddos will have a lot of wonderful ones too!!


Do you have cousins close to you?
What fun things did you do with them?


I can't believe this but I did not have one misspelled word-this is a first!!

11 comments:

Stacey Crewse said...

We had so many fun memories!! You have the best memory too! You remember every single detail! I love the Tastee freeze story, it still makes me smile!

Crazymamaof6 said...

love the cousins! great post! we totally walked to Smittys too! and have pizza~! we played some game all the time called the candy bar/colors game. you pick one and if they called it out you had to try to get by. like shark. or we'd swim all the time!

Jen said...

Love this! I had a great time with cousins growing up! Love the pics too. It's always fun to rember good times.

Julie Rae said...

That top picture is so fun! That is exactly how I still picture yours and Stacey's brothers. They will forever be that age in my mind. LOL! Now they are old really tall! Weird!

Emily Evans said...

I love the old pictures...especially the one with Mike holding the cat and his shorts hiked up so high :) He sure is lucky to have such great cousins!

The Fab Fabian Life said...

Those are great pictures... seems like I know everyone in your fam!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

Fun memories. I remember having fun bbqs and going up to my parents cabin with all of the Riggs, we had such a good time.

onehm said...

So fun! How great to have such fun memories of your cousins, and you are doing such a good job of making those memories for your kids, too!
Funny Pics!

Anonymous said...

What great memories. I can't imagine how it would be to have so many cousins. Great post!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

All my cousins live here except 1. I grew up with out ANY family near us. I think that's why my brothers and I are so close. I only got to see my cousins 3 times growing up. I'm so thankful all our (Tom and I) family lives here and close. My kids have cousins comming out of their ears! My favorite cousin teaches Cassidy piano so I get to see her once a week! (smile)

Susan said...

Love those pictures, what great times we all had. I was always so glad you were so close to your cousins because all mine were a lot older or younger. Loved the stories too!