Sunday, June 24, 2007

Comin' out of our ears



Mike planted tomatoes again this year and we have so many!!! He has made tomato sauce and salsa and we have given a lot away. I love home grown tomatoes!!
I remember growing up and watching my mom cut one in half and put some salt on it and eat it. I thought that was so gross but now I do that too. I didn't know so many people hate them. Kennedi loves watering the garden, anything to be outside!

11 comments:

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I will give you a yummy recipe for all those tomatoes! Roma's are my favorite. They are the only ones I buy in the store. Next year I will plant those. they look so good!
ps I made Mindy a blog check it out! mindysminutes@blogspot.com

blah, blah by lindsey said...

I gotta say I am not a fan of tomatoes, but what a fun thing for you to do as a family

onehm said...

I also am not lovin' tomatoes...but those look great. And how fun that your kids like to help!

Jellybean babies said...

What a fun family tradition. The Webb harvest. Remember eating toasted bialies with cream cheese, tomato, and salt and pepper? Our favorite! And Wampa's too!

Webb Family said...

Oh, man i still crave them. YUMMY!!

Crazymamaof6 said...

yummy! i am not a fan of plain tomatoes but love sauce and salsa! you should can some~! SO DOMESTIC!

Queen Creek Chaffee's said...

We have had the same problem, to many to use?

The Fab Fabian Life said...

If I was there I would be begging for some- there is nothing better than home grown tomatoes!

Susan said...

I love the roma's, they make the best salsa. Bring some over and will make some! Love the picture of Kelsey, tomatoes coming out our ears. Cute!

Julie said...

Tomatoes are pure goodness! Yum-O! I too like eating them like an apple with salt! I wish we had tomatoes comin' out of our ears! Love it!

ZB said...

I'm lovin' tomatoes...they are the nector of the gods...right next to dr.pepper! Wish our garden had made it into the backyard this year. Last year we canned and canned until we were blue in the face.