


A year after we moved in the boy scouts in our ward built a BBQ pit in our backyard. Every year the day before Thanksgiving the scouts have a fundraiser for their troop. Where they cook turkey's for Thanksgiving. They start preparing for this day months before. This year even Cody, Rhett and Beau were able to be apart of all the fun!! Of course since the pit is in our yard Cody has seen it be built and been a spectator every year but this year the cub scouts made signs and helped the day of. Even Carter got into all the work and Kennedi was scared that she might fall in. Later me and the kiddos headed over to PaPa Joe's birthday party.
This year for Thanksgiving we went over to my Aunt & Uncles house. It was such a fun day! The weather was so nice and they got a new play set so the kids were very entertained. After a yummy lunch a few of us started playing Phase 10, I forgot how long that game can last!! It was so much fun! Then us girls studied the ads for Black Friday. We ended up going to Toys R' Us at midnight I couldn't believe the line at midnight! It was Paige, Bridget, Mom, Stacey, Marisol and I. Not a great move on our part because they trick you into buying stuff because only certain things are on sale at midnight the rest at 5am.
Paige and I took Bridget home because she had to work in the morning. Then Paige and I grabbed food and the others went to Arizona Mills. I heard it was crazy over there! Paige and I got to Kohl's at 2am and were 3rd in line YEAH!!! It was so cold not a fan! We enlisted Steven to help us he came to our rescue so we could get everything we wanted. Great deals!! We got everything and were out of there so quick.
Next we met up with the others at Walmart. Wow, it was pretty crazy! So many wonderful deals!! It was fun! Steven and Paige headed to Kmart for bikes and then we met up with them. Well for my first experience with Black Friday was great and I will be doing it again for sure. It feels so great to be so close to being done with Christmas shopping. Only a few negatives mom got yelled at for being in a very grumpy lady's way and I only broke glass from one frame. I leaned over this lady's cart to grab a DVD and I broke her frame. I felt so stupid and very grateful she was so understanding! Thank goodness it wasn't the lady who yelled at mom, who knows what she would have done. I came home and crashed on the couch until Mike sent me to bed. What a sweet hubby for keeping everything under control so I could sleep.
Happy Thanksgiving!

This year for Thanksgiving we went over to my Aunt & Uncles house. It was such a fun day! The weather was so nice and they got a new play set so the kids were very entertained. After a yummy lunch a few of us started playing Phase 10, I forgot how long that game can last!! It was so much fun! Then us girls studied the ads for Black Friday. We ended up going to Toys R' Us at midnight I couldn't believe the line at midnight! It was Paige, Bridget, Mom, Stacey, Marisol and I. Not a great move on our part because they trick you into buying stuff because only certain things are on sale at midnight the rest at 5am.
Paige and I took Bridget home because she had to work in the morning. Then Paige and I grabbed food and the others went to Arizona Mills. I heard it was crazy over there! Paige and I got to Kohl's at 2am and were 3rd in line YEAH!!! It was so cold not a fan! We enlisted Steven to help us he came to our rescue so we could get everything we wanted. Great deals!! We got everything and were out of there so quick.
Next we met up with the others at Walmart. Wow, it was pretty crazy! So many wonderful deals!! It was fun! Steven and Paige headed to Kmart for bikes and then we met up with them. Well for my first experience with Black Friday was great and I will be doing it again for sure. It feels so great to be so close to being done with Christmas shopping. Only a few negatives mom got yelled at for being in a very grumpy lady's way and I only broke glass from one frame. I leaned over this lady's cart to grab a DVD and I broke her frame. I felt so stupid and very grateful she was so understanding! Thank goodness it wasn't the lady who yelled at mom, who knows what she would have done. I came home and crashed on the couch until Mike sent me to bed. What a sweet hubby for keeping everything under control so I could sleep.
Happy Thanksgiving!














8 comments:
Black Friday was great! Crazy, and sooo much fun! This is the 1st (now annual) shopping extravaganza!!
WHOOHOO! sounds like you girls had a GREAT first time! LOVE IT! happy thanksgiving and black friday!
Sounds like so much fun! I was shocked how crazy some of those shoppers were. Seriously! Glad you all had a great Thanksgiving!
Thanks for getting all the materials for those cute turkeys that Kelsey and Cody made with the kids. They are sure adorable and the kids had such a fun time. You are so sweet! They will make great decorations for next year too! I'm glad the weather was so great for being outside!
wow you are such a trooper for just attempting black friday! That is so awesome, i would love to have it all planned out and really do it one of these days! I just need to get pumped up before and do it! Congrats on the great buys!
It sounds like a great couple of days! I wonder if we were in wally world at the same time? Last year was my 1st BF and I am now a huge fan. Too bad I didn't have endless money though. it would have been more fun!
How much fun! I heard some horrible stories about this year's shopping experiences. Yeek
love the fire pit! and it looks like your thanksgiving was so fun! i miss the arizona novembers. just catching up on the rest of your blog and who knew you could can butter? thanks for the blog site! i'll have to try it!
Post a Comment