Sunday, February 17, 2008

Project 52

Week 6 & 7
These two go together so I put them together. My blessings for last week & this week are my job & my clients. I'm so happy that my mom really pushed Paige & I into going to beauty school our senior year. It was fun going & having so many fun experiences & making lots of memories! I am happy I have something that I love to do & get payed doing it. Mike teases me about my job he will say "oh your going to work!" Because he knows how much I love it! I get to talk the whole time I'm doing hair. What girl does like that?!
My other blessing are my clients. I do hair at Paige's house which is so nice! I love the extra cash but they are friends too. I know all about their families, favorite tv shows, the good & not so good movies, I'm always learning something new. I get little bits and pieces of others lives, I love it! But, it's not always me listening I have told them things too when I need someone to talk to. I have clients who call me later to ask how whatever was going on at the time went. And, I love the calls from clients just to let me know how much they loved their hair. I feel very blessed to have these blessings in my life!

12 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

It's so great when you love your work! I've always thought what a great job that is for a Mom!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

i envy that you have a job you love and that you get to see friends everday that you go to work!! what a great blessing!

Crissybug said...

I always wanted to go to beauty school, but didn't. It is such a blessing that you are able to continue to do that, and still be able to be home for your kids.

Pam said...

The beauty shop is a great place. I will spend 3 hours getting my hair done and then wonder how the time passed so fast. Awesome blessing.

tammy said...

That is a fabulous blessing! When I was dental assisting, my favorite part was getting to know the patients, and talking to them....after they could close their mouths and actually talk.

Do you take new clients?

Webb Family said...

Yes I do!

jayna said...

how fun to do something you love. it's so important!! wish i was closer and you'd have a new client!!

Crazymamaof6 said...

what an excellent blessing i always wished i went to beauty school too. and i can totally imagine how fun it is. and what fab clients you have and you do a great job too! fabulous blessings!

Corree said...

What an awesome blessing!! I have always wished that I would have gone to beauty school too...

Heather S. said...

I'm so jealous, I love chatting and think I would have really loved to be a hair stylist. I wanted to go but my parents wouldn't let me, they wanted me to get a "Real" education instead. I always thought once I graduated I'd go, but instead I got married a few days after graduating. I don't regret it, but I do think I'd have loved to do hair also. Enjoy

onehm said...

What great blessings! I wish I had known about that opportunity in high school! ;0)
You are so very sweet!

thebigcookiefam said...

It is amazing the secrets, concerns, troubles, excitements, and worries that are shared in the salon chair. You and Paige are sometimes the first ones to find things out, that I haven't told anyone else! There must be some truth potion in the chair or the hair solution!