Monday, November 5, 2007

Memory Lane Monday

This is the only picture I could find of our trip to Camp Geronimo. My dad was scout master in our ward it seemed like forever. And, I'm sure my mom felt like it was forever too! He was always going on camp outs and he loved it or at least it seemed that way to me. One summer we spent some time at an all boys scout camp. Paige and I must have been in 4th or 5th grade I really don't remember. I'm just guessing by the outfit Paige has on in the picture(I think that is Paige sad I know!) This memory is from last weeks when everyone thought me jumping over a huge snake was a lie nope it was true ! We were staying in the cabin in this picture. I had gone outside for who knows what and when I was walking back up the stairs and when I looked down there was a huge snake! Well ok huge for me!!! I didn't want to run back where I came from and the only way to get back to the cabin was to jump over it. So I did and screamed so loud people were talking about it later that day. It still gives me the creeps when I think about it!

11 comments:

Cheryl said...

I think we stayed in those same cabins years ago when your mom and I were young. I remember getting candy at the store. I thought it was fun to be there with all those boys!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

that would freak me out! fun memory.

Anonymous said...

I got to spend a couple of days at Geronimo with an Uncle and my cousin. We spent the whole time looking for cute boys. Never saw any snakes, or really cute boys though.

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I'm with you on saying NO to snakes. remember when I had one under my sink at my old house? And my brother couldn't catch it so it was living in the walls!! Please help me! So glad I'm outta there!

Jamie said...

I think I would have froze and waited frightened half out of my wits until someone in my family noticed I was missing and came to find and rescue me!!! That was a brave move!

Susan said...

I forgot about you jumping over the snake! Whew, you brave girl. Snakes are the scariest thing ever---I don't mind spiders and bugs but don't get me near a snake!

ZB said...

My goodness I am totally behind on my blogging...your kids are always busy doing something creative and fun. I love their halloween costumes. And this is a GREAT memory. Love those old pictures.

Bridget and Dustin said...

What a fun memory! Love the cute picture of mom and us!

Joni said...

That picture brings up alot of good memories. My husbands family rent Camp Geronimo out every couple of years for family reunions. I love how dated everyone looks. Too cute:) I'm sure my kids will enjoy dated pictures of me when they are grown up.

Paige said...

i totally remember the whole jumping over the snake trip, that was fun. i love the picture, syd was laughing! i also love your music....good picks.

onehm said...

Just now catching up on your blog...your kiddos are adorable, as usual! We didn't make it to homecoming, but heard it was wonderful! Good for you for going to support your brother!
And I am loving the after-Halloween specials!! And of course, Memory Lane Monday- always a fave. I love that you aren't sure if the pic is of Paige or not! ;o)