Cody is getting baptized in the morning and Kelsey was baptized in May. And, I'm having mixed feelings! Of course I'm very excited for him to be baptized but, they are just growing up so fast - too fast!
I have always kept a journal for Cody and hear are a few of my favorite things he said when he was younger.
"Mama, you're not a mean mom you're a nice one."
July 2002
Frammy-"Don't hit the dogs."
Cody-"But, Cooper bit me on Saturday!"
October 2002
When I was dating Mike my Dad asked Cody do you like Mike and Cody said "oh, yes he is my favorite color!"
November 2002
I over heard Cody talking to a framed baby picture of himself he said, "do you know I love Kelsey with all my heart."
October 2003
We were on a walk and Cody was riding his scooter. He was going to fast and fell. He scrapped his knee & ankle. On the way home he held his head and said, "this can't be happening to me."
March 2003
Steven was talking to Cody and Cody said to him "and your point is?"
March 2003
I was combing Cody's hair for church and he said "I thought we cut my hair so we wouldn't have to do this."
I could go on and on I have a whole book of them but, I promise I will stop. But I do have a few from Kelsey too that I must share!
Feb. 2003
Kelsey was talking and kept interrupting Cody. Cody said, mom she's still talking! Then Kelsey said, well girls talk a lot! I asked her where she heard that she said "Tinkerbell, said that on Peter Pan."
March 2003
I was re-doing Kelsey's room and I bought her a new headboard & dresser. I asked Kelsey if she liked them and she said yes but, can we paint them? When I asked why she said "because brown is NOT my color! My color is pink & purple."
September 2003
We went to a party with some friends at Val Vista Lakes. We ate dinner & Kelsey ate a lot! Then an hour later Kelsey said "so when is dinner?" That girl can eat a lot & is so tiny!!!
March 2003
Kelsey & I went to the mall together and then met Cody & Mike at the movies. Kelsey said "Cody's coming right?" And, I said yes. She said good because it wouldn't be fun without Cody!"
November 2003
Kelsey asked Mike What are we doing today? And, Mike said I don't know ask mom. Kelsey said so is mom the boss around here?
Nov. 2003
Mike was telling the kiddos about children in other countries and how they never get candy. Kelsey said "well they need to go trick-or-treating."
June 2004
We were in the car and Cody said to Kelsey "do you want me to repeat everything you say?" And our very smart Kelsey said. "do you want me to repeat everything you say?" You should have seen his face, he didn't know what to do.
They were so young when they said all these cute things! Now they are busy little kiddos with lots going on. I feel like I hardly see them with school, church activies, friends & grandparents. They are wonderful kiddos and I'm so happy and blessed that they really like each other and are still good friends! I hope they keep that bond forever, they are very lucky to have each other! I remember when Mike and I first met & they would talk about how Kelsey's mother & Cody's father were in heaven together. They are also my BIG helpers and are so sweet and caring to the twins! I feel so blessed to be their mama!
Friday, August 17, 2007
My Babies!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








8 comments:
That was so sweet!! So good to see you tonight, good luck tomorrow!
What cute quotes!! I can't believe he's already getting baptized... time flys! I hope all goes well :)
such fun quotes! big day tomorrow! what a great mama to write it all down! what a treasure for him. congratulations Cody! how exciting for you!
That is one of the most wonderful blog posts I've ever read, anywhere!! Love it.
Thanks for making me laugh today. Your kids are just the sweetest.
what fun memories. i wish i would have written down cute things my kids said. good luck with everything today.
It is wonderful how Cody loves Kelsey! You've always been so good at writing in your journal! You are the best mom!! It sure is fun to hear all those fun quotes!
i wish my mom would have wrote all the stuff i said. haha mom was right next to me when i wrote that and she didnt even see she is going to be mad. anyways your kids rock and are funny.
I LOVE that you wrote all those things down so you'll always remember!!! My favorite was the comment on the starving children and Halloween...Go Kelsey!
Post a Comment