Thursday, July 12, 2007

HOLY COW!!!

Mike left this afternoon for a camping trip with the Sirrine's and the Waite's. The twins and I stayed behind because I had to do hair today and on Saturday. Ashtyn is our beautiful, sweet and wonderful babysitter!! I can't believe I don't have even one picture of this beautiful girl. She has been babysitting the kiddos since the twins were around 6 months old and since last summer she has been watching the kids for me Thursday afternoons until Mike is done with work.
Sorry I didn't mean for this to turn into a long post but, it looks like it's going to be.

I got the BEST phone call ever!!!!
It was about 9p.m. and the phone rings, my caller id didn't show a number but I answer anyway! This is very unusual for me (I hate answering the phone or making phone calls!) Are you wondering when I'm going to tell you who it was!
HEE HEE!!
It was
JACK!!!
WOO_
HOO!!
At first I thought it was Mike then knew it wasn't him and then I thought it might be my brother-in-law who loves to crank call and does an awesome job at fooling everyone, so for a second I thought maybe. I was so excited I have been worried about him all day and my parents. If you didn't read my earlier post my parents went to pick him up from his mission in Honduras. When I told Jack I was nervous he said well you should be, we were robbed and from THE POLICE!!! I guess it's a lot like Mexico where the natives can drive crazy but, one wrong move from a visitor and you are an open target!
First it was going to be $130 then once they got the the police office it was only $80. Once Jack told them it was our mom's birthday and that they had not seen him for 2 years they let them go, no charge! I was very happy to hear from them and know they are alright & I can't forget to thank Heavenly Father for answering my many prayers today.
Ok, so you would think I was done nope not yet. I don't think I have ever wrote this much and wasn't even planning on posting tonight!
Guess what time it is?
11:10!!!
And, guess who is still up?
Not just one but two yes you got it they both are still up! I think they are going threw withdrawals not having Cody and Kelsey to sleep with.
Kennedi all day kept saying" miss daddy" or "miss Cody" Mike would die if he knew, now don't get me wrong they had dinner, a very fun bath & a bedtime story! They were both in their own rooms for over an hour banging on the doors! I finally gave in and just got them up and put a movie on. Who know what tomorrow will be like, I hope they are not anything like Cody. That kid could stay up until midnight and he still woke up by 7a.m. I have never let the twins do this what has gotten over me?! I think I'm going to go give it another try wish me luck!!!!

10 comments:

All Blog Spots said...

nice blog

Courtney said...

What a great surprise to talk to Jack! I am so glad that they are safe. I love when a missionary returns home. Jack has the best family to return home to. Your twins must be filling your excitement. Hopefully you got some sleep last night!

Crazymamaof6 said...

wow! crazy events! and great long post! love it! hope the twins went to bed and slept in! i'd just take whoever was with me to bed with me, if dad was gone! wow very exciting to have Jack coming home! WOW!

onehm said...

How great to talk to your brother! Glad that they are safe. And it must have been in the water yesterday. My baby totally was up until 11:45 last night too. Awful. And major torture for a "single-mama" last night...hopefully they will get back to their routine tonight for you.

Stacey Crewse said...

Oh my goodness!! What a story, Glad it all worked out!!! Those darn police! How exciting to talk to Jack! Don't worry about the late night....I do it all the time:) last night Carys was up with me at 12:15am!!!! shhh don't tell!

Bridget and Dustin said...

It was so fun to hear from Jack last night! I just hope that mom and dad can make it for just a few days there! Presley stays up late all of the time. So I hope that makes you feel better! One night to party won't hurt!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

You knew something was going to happen!!! Good thing you have great instincts because your prayers probaly saved them! I'm so excited for you even though Jack is going to be a tad-bit-weird for a few weeks. I've been there! Love ya!

xanadu said...

Dahling Brooke, Just started reading ur bloog & ur mom's. They're great!! It's a way of staying informed about all of the family w/o the potato salad, hahahaha. I was so anxious to hear about ur m&d & j! Another story 4 ur mom's page. Loads o Love, Aunt X

Matthew and Jana said...

Woo hoo! Go Jack! He has definitely learned the culture and the language very well to get himself out of that situation.

blah, blah by lindsey said...

What a crazy story. Good thing they had your brother there.