Monday, July 28, 2008

Memory Lane MOnday


Paige, Brooke, Jack and Bridget
(I think Paige & I were 12 years old)

Kelsey 9, Cody 8, Tatum 6, Sydney 4, Kennedi 3, Carter 3 & Landon 2
Growing up I have so many wonderful memories of spending time up at my Grandpa & Grandma Leffue's cabin. We loved playing at a creek close by. We would go up in the summer for a week and play with cousins, go fishing with Grandpa, read & work on math (not my favorite) but after we would go for walks to the little store & get yummy treats! We loved playing kick the can & building forts. At night we would stay up late and play lots of fun games.
Now that I have my own little family I want my kiddos to make their own memories of going up to the cabin & having lots of fun with their cousins. We brought two blow up boats & headed to the creek for some fun. Well at first all the kids were freaking out and didn't seem to like it much. Paige & I were determined to have our kiddos to love the creek as much as we did. So, we moved locations and it was great even the cry babies got in the water. We had a picnic and the kids had fun going down the waterfall in the boats. The littles loved throwing rocks & Carter loved climbing the rocks. The trip was a BIG success and they couldn't wait to go back.

6 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

that is so fun! great memory lane monday!

SuperCoolMom said...

Really cute pictures! So fun that you two took your kids to do something that you loved when you were little!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

oh memory lane monday...how i have missed them. what a fun place to go and hanging with cousins is always fun

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I bet that cabin is loving the next generation of kids who come and play!!!! What a great post Ü

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Fun post. great pictures. Cool that you can take your kids there to create their own memories.

tammy said...

What a fun memory! And so great that you're continuing it with your kiddos.