Sunday, February 3, 2008

Project 52

Week 5
My blessing for the week is our beloved Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley. Yesterday watching his funeral on tv I could not stop thinking about him & impact he had on my life. Then today at church listening to so many wonderful testimonies & hearing how loved he was. I love how much he loved and cared for his wife. And, his humor I love it! I love the clip they showed with him talking to a group of missionaries & he said well you are not much to look at! I love that my little ones really felt like they knew him & still pray for him.
I love that he left us with the 9 b's Be grateful, be smart, be clean, be true, be humble, be prayful, be positive, be still, and be involved.
What a blessing!

5 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

Excellent blessing this week. i missed the funeral , and was a tad bummed. but it was a sweet day at church . totally the topic today. and well should be.

oh and so fun to see you in person on
Friday at lunch!

tammy said...

I agree. He was an amazing man. I grew up in the church, but didn't really gain a testimony until later, and can probably say I was truly converted while he was a prophet.

blah, blah by lindsey said...

he truly is a great blessing. i love the be's too.

Haymore Family said...

he was so great, i still can't really believe that he is gone! i guess it had to come sometime! what a great man!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I missed the funeral but this was my blessing this week to! He was so wonderful and will be missed for sure!