Wednesday, January 2, 2008

WE ARE BACK!!!

We made it home! Oh home sweet home!!! It was beautiful in Utah but way too cold for me. We drove all the way with the kiddos sleeping or watching a movie. They did great!!! We stayed in Park City at the Canyons with the Sirrines. Here are just a few of the fun things we did while in Utah.

We played lots and lots of games!
And also did a lot of eating.
The HUGE pile in the back is all our snow gear.


The kiddos had lots of fun playing with cousins.
They even got to open some Christmas gifts, it felt like Christmas was never going to end!
I got a nasty cold so I stayed in most of the time. Playing in the snow is not my idea of a good time! When I was younger I loved skiing & I tried snow boarding but not anymore. The kids on the other hand loved every minute of it.


We hung out with our friends who just moved from Arizona. Cody & Landon were very excited to get to play together even if it was for one afternoon!


We meet Mike's mom, sisters and brother for breakfast. Shana and her two kids Shea and Connor came to visit from Vernal. They really spoiled the kids and got them cute stuffed animals.

The twins got to tested out Shea's ipod and loved it!
Carter loved the snow one night when we were in the parking lot unloading we looked down & he was in the dirty snow. He was laying there making a snow angel! The drive up all Kennedi kept saying was "Dad, snow make snowman!" On the last day Mike tried really hard but it was too powdery. We also saw some cute movies, did a little shopping and went swimming in the heated pool. The temp got down to -7 so driving into Phoenix and it being 72 degrees made this girl very happy!!!


12 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

Holy cow! super cold! so fun you got to see family and old friends! that is awesome!

Jamie said...

What a great time. My kids want so badly to be taken to the snow, but -7 is not for me either!!!!!!

Jen said...

Looks like you all had a great time. I am with you on the snow, great to visit for a day or two, but I am an AZ girl through and through!

onehm said...

So much fun!
I'm glad that you guys had a good time...
I think in -7 I'd be grateful for a cold!!!
;o)

SuperCoolMom said...

That looks like so much fun! I love to visit the snow! (Visit being the key word.)

Tiffany said...

Sounds like you guys had so much fun! I'm not a huge snow girl either! I love this time of year in Arizona!

Jamie said...

Hi Brooke,
Jamie Opie Shellenberger here. I haven't talked to you in SO long. What a cute family you have! I am so glad life is wonderful for you! Here is my email if you want to email me and I will add you to my blog :).
sjshellenberger@cox.net --Jamie

Joni said...

I'm with you! I think its way too cold to live there, but so fun to visit! It looks like your family had a fun Christmas!

The Fab Fabian Life said...

I agree it was to cold in Utah!!! Funny how kids cannot resist that snow though- freezing and all! What a fun trip :)

tammy said...

I love Park City, but I like it even more when I visit it in the summer! Glad you had a good trip and that the kids had some snow time. My youngest is dying for some snow.

ZB said...

Welcome back. Sure looks like some good old COLD fun. Glad that you enjoyed yourselves. But I have to admit, AZ weather sure beats this snow!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

What a fun trip! The kids won't forget that one for sure!!! And the snow is beautiful even though it's so darn cold!