Wednesday, August 8, 2007

First day of school,painting & a very sweet hubby!!



Today was the kids first day of third grade. I still can't believe I have third graders. They were very excited because they had some friends in their class & they have a Mr. this year he is from New York! Cody was a little nervous this doesn't surprise me I always had a stomach ache on the first day. And, get one when my kids start too! It helps that they have each other-lucky ducks!! After school Cody played with Landon he's trying to get in as much time with him before he moves-so sad!! Kelsey went to Activity Day and had a super time with all her friends, Emily is her new teacher so she is loving it!


This next picture looks a bit scary but don't worry it's just paint! The twins had so much fun!! And, I got a ton done with them so occupied!! I had so much energy today, love days like today. I shampooed our couch very much needed, cleaned my kitchen, finished up laundry, moved the couch & vacuumed under it and played ring-around- the- roseys with the twins about 20 times!

Now I must tell you about my sweet hubby! Since Tuesday I have been trying to find Eclipse (of course I have just looked at stores I already had to go to) I couldn't find it they were all SOLD OUT!
So, today I had just finished texting Lindsey about borrowing her book when Mike gets home. And in his hands was Eclipse!!! I was so excited and I wanted to get a picture of him holding it but, he knows it will go on the blog-so no go! But, I did get Kennedi to hold for a cute picture.
Thanks babe for the wonderful surprise can't wait to start reading!











12 comments:

Jen said...

Yay all around! How fun for the first day of school! We are getting excited and nervous here too! I always had stomache aches the first few days also. And I am already thinking of something fun to do with just me and Gavin, he will be so sad not to have Corbin here all day. Kudos for Mike for finding it for you! I have looked everywhere. Have fun reading it!

Crazymamaof6 said...

yay! way to score points mike! whoohoo! i am so glad i'd already promised mine to jen when you asked me. so whoohoo! hurry and read it, i
am dying to discuss!

and whoohoo! hooray for the 3rd graders! so exciting ! i know i feel major anxiety about the first day for my kids too! and i dreaded school when i was a kid! i am so glad they had a good day! and yay! you got so much done! while they were gone! very impressive!

Jellybean babies said...

I can't believe you have third graders either! They look so grown up. I guess I need to read this book I keep hearing about. Now its your turn to surprise Mike.

Joni said...

Its nice that they have eachother!!! My older kids are going into 2nd and 3rd grade so they keep an eye out for one another. And my 4 year old goes to preschool 3 days a week. I have to admit, I dread them going back. I know keeping to a schedule will be easier with them in school, but I think they are more excited than me.

Joni said...

So nice of yout husband too!!!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

Kids grow up way to fast!!! Our school starts on Mon and I am so excited.

Finished the book last night. That was so nice of Mike. Enjoy it!!

onehm said...

Third grade! Yay!
What a sweetie your DH is!
And don't you love when you find something that will keep kiddos happy so that you can accomplish something. Awesome day!

ZB said...

You are a fun mom! I think you should get mother of the week! I'm still too afraid to give my 2 year old paint---& you have 2 of them. Wowzers.

Yesterday my sister & I went EVERYWHERE trying to find a copy of that book for my neice. Nothing. But our story had a happy ending as well. Horray for your dear sweet hubby.

Julie said...

So fun... school, paint, fun book, and great husband! Yeah! You are such a good mom and I wish my kids could come paint at your house. See, I am all into the unsupervised play and that definitely is not paint! Ha! Happy Reading!

Julie Rae said...

I actually just bought Twilight today. (Yah I am a little behind on the times). Everyone keeps talking about these books, so I figured its a must read!

Susan said...

I need to borrow the 1st book and see what everyone is talking about. I saw the author on Good morning america. She has quite a following. I'm glad cody & kelsey had a good first day, and it looks like the twins had a really fun day too!

Corree said...

How cool that they get to be in the same class! You are such a great Mom - If I gave Griffin paint it would be EVERYWHERE!!! He starts pre-school in a couple of weeks & I am really worried how he is going to do! Way to go Mike!! I pre-ordered Eclipse & it still isn't here, but it really doesn't matter since I haven't even started New Moon yet - Hopefully this weekend!