When Paige and I were 12 well I guess until we got a life which was not until we were almost 16. This was probably because Paige & I had each other. We would babysit for our parents almost every weekend if we weren't babysitting for other families. We would watch Family Matters & Full House I'm sure there were more but, I can't remember them.
My favorite thing to do was make this yummy recipe of Carmel corn. Last night after dinner & made it and it sure brought back some memories! I should have waited and posted this for Memory Lane Monday.
The funny thing is I have not made this since I was young. This will really explain how much I write things down & it started very young. I found some of my old journals one that my mom kept when Paige & I were 5 years old. And, the other one I just looked threw is one when I was 13-14 years old. In that journal I had wrote the Carmel corn recipe down.
It is so easy!!!
Try it one of these nights. I used microwave popcorn but, it would even be better with air popped!
1/2 cup Karo syrup
1 cup brown sugar
1 stick of butter *I only had buttered microwave popcorn so I only used 1/2 a stick.
Put in a microwave safe bowl put in microwave until melted. (About 1 1/2 to 2 min.)
Add to popcorn & stir until all popcorn is coated.
Enjoy!!!
I would have took a picture but, it was gobbled up too fast!!
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Carmel Corn
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








9 comments:
i love caramel corn, i am gonna have to try that.
YUM! I can't wait to try this out. It sounds fabulous!
I love this recipe, as long as you keep the unpopped kernals out! Not a fun experience!
We will totally be trying this out. You need to help me make my blog cute. Yours is so fun!
I love carmel corn I will have to make this! Carmel corn and kettle corn are the only way I will eat popcorn. Thanks for the info.
I love that carmel corn!
i'm so hungry we were so busy doing hair i don't think i had dinner. this does remind me of babysitting and watching our shows. i wasn't suppose to even see the recipe remember?!
Awesome! I'm gonna be checkin' your site for fun dinner ideas! It has really helped me to think about the things I need to be doing instead of blogging, keeps me on track. Well, it helps anyway.
This will be perfect for our cousin sleepover this weekend, Thanks!
Post a Comment