Monday, May 14, 2007

First Slumber Party and A New Member of the Family!

This was the invitation I made for Kelsey's first slumber party . We had it this weekend while Cody and Mike were at the Father and Sons.
This was the group of cute girls! Sydney, Mallory, Sydnee, Tatum, Madison, Kelsey, Cassidy and Rita

We had a fun night! They played Twister and Truth or Dare while we waited for the pizza, then we polished nails. I took pictures of each girl with Kelsey and then had them printed. We put the pictures in the frames the girls decorated.

We sang Happy Birthday and had her blow out her candle. Kelsey opened gifts and she loved the Heely's I got her.
We popped popcorn and watched High School Musical. They were so cute as soon as it was on they all broke out in a song! This group of girls were so sweet and not to hyper. Cassidy, Tatum and Sydnee ended up spending the night. Kelsey was the party pooper of the night, and went to bed at 11p.m. The rest of the group didn't fall a sleep until 1:30a.m.
The next morning while they waited for their parents to come they had otter pops! I did make them have breakfast before the treat.
I want to thank Paige and Cara for helping me out with the party!
I had a wonderful Mother's Day! Mike made breakfast and kids made me sweet cards. The speakers at church were so awesome, I was holding back tears and whole time. We all got to talk to Jack he sounds so different. Then we stopped by to wish Pam a "Happy Mother's Day!"
Today is Kelsey's 8th birthday! The kids woke up had breakfast and got ready for school. They headed out to feed the animals like every morning. Cody came running back in so excited Isabell had her baby! Kelsey was gitty! This couldn't have happened on a better day. She would sleep out with the animals if we would let her. We all headed out there for pictures, then I printed some for them to take to school. The whole time I was doing this Kelsey kept saying this is the BEST day ever! Then she would say no this is the best month ever!
Look how cute, the kids named her Snowflake.

16 comments:

The Fab Fabian Life said...

You are the cutest and most creative mom!!! Can you teach me to be even a little like you when we get there:)???

Courtney said...

Brooke,
You are the cutiest mon. That party was darling. Kelsey is so lucky to have a mom like you. You Rock!
Hope you had a good Mothers day!!

Courtney said...

Don't you love how I always spell everything wrong. I even spelled mom wrong and didn't even catch it when I proof read. O WEll!!

Jen said...

You are such a good Mom!! I can't believe you did all that! Should I be glad that I have boys so far and don't need to worry about it for now?

Crazymamaof6 said...

what a fun party! and super fun goat!
I am impressed with you getting heelys! my kids have begged for them for a long time but i won't give in! You are the nicest mom ever! such a cute party! Kelsey is lucky to have you!

Webb Family said...

Here is a little secret about the Heely's they are an off brand, I got them for 10 bucks @ the fashion district. The nice thing is she has no idea and I still get high points for a cool gift!

Crazymamaof6 said...

ven more impressed! Wow! i love a bargain!

Crazymamaof6 said...

that was supposed to be even! more impressed! I can't spell either, courtney isn't the only one!

Stacey Crewse said...

You should win the Mom of the Year prize! So, so cute, the party, decor, everything! Such a great mommy!!!

Jellybean babies said...

I love the sleepover/birthday party story. Those make great memories. Kelsey is so darling.

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

wow! How exciting is that? A new little goat. Love it! The pictures turned out so cute of the party! It was a pretty fun party, I must say!

Bridget and Dustin said...

What a cute and very fun birthday party! I hope Kelsey had a great day yesterday! What a cute new member of the family!

ZB said...

Brings back a few memories of my own parties. You are such a fun mom. You have the best ideas! Happy Birthday K! Very fun age.

Julie Rae said...

What a fun party! You are such a cute mom!

Mimi said...

I love the invitation you made! How fun for your daughter.

onehm said...

That party is adorable! You are so creative. And how fun for Kelsey to share her birthday with Snowflake! You are just a wonderful Mama!