Saturday, May 26, 2007

old cartoons

I remember every Saturday morning waking up and getting a big bowl of cereal and sitting right in front of the tv to watch all my favorite shows! Smurfs was one of my favorites-it was on so early. Some of the other ones I remember watching were: Alvin and the chipmunks, Duck Tales and Save by the Bell. It kind of sad because for me Saturday mornings were extra special something I looked forward to. Our kiddos can get cartoons pretty much 24/7. I think Saturdays were also very special because that was the day us girls always went shopping with our mom after our chores were done of course.

So what were some of your favorite cartoons
growing up?

5 comments:

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

Bugs Bunny - loved that guy! I still think of it when I listen to classical music. I didn't know cartoons could be so educational!My brothers and I would get up bring our blankets into the family room and watch all Saturday morning too! What good memories!
I also loved the Muppets, but I think that was on at a different time.

Crazymamaof6 said...

i loved tom and jerry, but looking back, it was so violent! i liked the music from bugs bunny too! the smurfs, woody woodpecker,strawberry shortcake, care bears! i would also watch American bandstand! with Dick Clark! !fun blog! and the littles! its still on! sometimes we luck upon it! very random!

onehm said...

I too loved the Smurfs. Another favorite was "The Snorks" they were the underwater creatures...Scooby Doo, Garfield, The Jetsons and Yogi Bear. Loved all those!
We now have a channel (on Cox's hi-def cable) called Boomerang. It's got all the old cartoons. My kids love it and beg for it!! It's awesome. They totally know all the good ones.
And the best part about Boomerang: No Commercials!!!

ZB said...

The Littles! I know...I'm a total freak. Of course Muppets and Muppet Babies. Loved Am. Band Stand as well!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

I remember wanting to watch Looney Toons and being so bummed if I overslept. Loved the smurfs too