Monday, April 30, 2007

Here Fishy, Fishy!






Mike has been talking about going fishing for awhile so Saturday morning we packed up and made a quick trip up to Forest Lakes. We stayed the night at my Grandparents cabin. The drive was nice and quick! Whenever we take a vacation our kids always ask how many movies will it take? I remember when we were little we had to entertain ourselves. We would play lots of games, one of our favorites was quoting movies and trying to guess. Jack was the best at that game.
When we got to the cabin we got unloaded and set up. The kiddos spent most of their time outside playing on the tire swing. I gave the kids a earful of my memories up at the cabin.
It was a little chilly at night so we had a fire going. Mike did all the cooking, now that's a vacation! We played games while the twins watched a movie. I found some old home videos when we were up at the cabin. I was about 13 and we were helping Steven take his first steps. So many fun memories!
The next day we had a yummy breakfast and then headed off to go fishing. We went to Black Canyon Lake. Kelsey caught the first fish. We got a lot of bites after that. A little bit later Cody got a fish. The twins had fun with their own little poles. We planned on staying a little longer but Kennedi tipped her chair over and landed in the Lake. We all thought it would be Carter that was going to fall. Poor thing she was so cold! She just kept crying "blankie mama blankie!" I'm glad I was prepared. We had a fun and exciting weekend!

8 comments:

onehm said...

HOW FUN! Wish my grandparents had kept their cabin. Looks like a great trip. (And how nice that your DH cooked the whole time!)

blah, blah by lindsey said...

You are so lucky you have some place close to go on weekends. Looks like you guys had a good time.

Courtney said...

I love camping with the family and having a cabin makes it a thousand times better. Those are the memories that they keep with them forever!! Were none of your kids afraid of the fishes?? I glad you had a good weekend!!

Stacey Crewse said...

How fun! I miss our fun trips to the cabin when we were young!

Julie Rae said...

Fun! Those pics of the twins are so cute!

Crazymamaof6 said...

wow, super fun! sounds like a great way to spend free sunday! camping! I am impressed!

ZB said...

Looks like fun. I love being up in the mountains with my family. Those are the times you NEVER forget.

"how many movies to get there?" Hilarious.

Bridget and Dustin said...

Thank you so much for watching Presley on Saturday! How fun you guys got to go to the cabin! I love the fun tire swing! Now you guys are making great memories together as a family!