I got out of the shower and Carter was dressed in Mike's clothes.
Well Carter and Kennedi have been climbing out of their cribs for about a month now! I was not ready for this and they did it together. I'm pretty sure that Kennedi talked Carter into this, hee hee! I thought we could get along with this for awhile. Then one day I caught Carter in action! He threw all of his blankets and stuffed animals on the floor then put one leg over his crib and just fell. This was scary to me who knows how long before we would be visiting the emergency room! Also, very smart of him to provide a little cushion for the fall. I never actually witnessed Kennedi so who knows how she did it.
Saturday I found a bed for Kennedi and had Mike taking the cribs down. We were making the BIG switch! By ten o'clock that night between the two they got out of their beds at least 10 times!
Mike and I began to doubt what we had done. Mike even mentioned something about pack n' plays. At one time in the night Kennedi came crawling in on her hands and knees softly saying Mama! How can you get mad when they are so cute!
I'm so glad we didn't give in or give up! Every night since has gotten a little better. And, naps which I was very worried about giving up, has still worked! Now who knows for how long and we are going to Mexico for the end of Spring Break so we will have to see how they do on vacation. Wish us luck!
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Coulda Woulda Shoulda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
OOOHHHHHH I am so worried for when Rex figures this out. Glad that things are going well! What a cutie that Carter is~ and he looks so sweet in Mike's clothes!
I made the mistake of "snuggling" with Abby until she goes to sleep when she was little. now I have to do it every night!!! Me...not Tom. Same with a nap. I suggest doing what we did with Cassidy: before bed, read a story, sing a song (whatever) then turn out the light and say to them they cant come out of the room or else......
We would turn off the light, shut the door and who knows what she would do in there and sometimes she would fall asleep on the floor but she wouldn't come out because of the "or else........"
It might not work for two and I wish it would work for Abby. I'm excited to see what you have done!
HY crawled out of his crib about 3 months ago..so we just put the matress flat on the ground and the crib over it. (pretty much, he's in a prison)---I'm trying my best to hold out for that faithful day of the changing from Crib to Bed. I'm just not ready. But Mini E seems like she might be getting ready for the Crib herself.
Post a Comment