Well this is the second week of school & it has been busy oh and I already have one sick at home. Carter and Kennedi are in 1st grade now and I really think I'm going to like their teacher. They both have friends in their class. Carter has a bit of a crush on his teacher, she is very pretty! The day before school he wanted to go to bed at 4:30pm so school could start. Carter plays football every recess with his buddies. He asked Cody for some pointers the other day, it was so cute & Cody is a great big brother.
Kennedi's bestie Jessica is also in her class. She couldn't be more excited about it. This could be a really good thing or not so good. So far it has been great & they are not sick of each other:) I'm so happy they have each other. Everyone needs a best friend.
Cody & Kelsey started junior high and I can not believe I have kids old enough to be in 7th grade! I was so worried the whole day even cried I'm such a baby! They did great and found all their classes, had friends to sit with at lunch & seemed happy.
Cody is busy with football, scouts, school and friends. Kelsey started piano again & seems to catch on quickly, loves reading & wouldn't miss math if they got rid of it all together.
At dinner the other night Mike & I were sharing stories with the kids about when we were in school. I told them about a boy who liked me & kept asking me if I was going to the dance because he wanted to ask me to dance. I was so nervous I didn't go to the dance. Later that same night Carter came up to me & hugged my neck then he said I'm happy you didn't go to that dance. I said why & he said because that boy would have bought you things, flowers & knit you a sweater and fallen in love with you. Then you would have never married dad. Carter is so funny I'm not sure where he comes up with some of the things he says but he keeps us smiling!








3 comments:
Carter is too cute! I love his reason why he was glad you didn't go to the dance :-)
wow. junior high!?!?? crazy! love what carter said to you. darling. oh, to be young and in school again. glad it's not me... :)
j
Knitting you a sweater... now that is the way to a girls heart for sure! Ha!
Post a Comment