On July 2nd our little family headed for Salt Lake City, Utah. We left at 5:30 am and drove straight through and the kiddos did great! Thank heavens for the tv & dvd player and plenty of snacks!! I took so many pictures that I had to download them on Mike’s computer so I only have the photos from the drive home. I will add the rest later.
We were lucky to have Kathy’s (family friend/Mike’s second mom) (my kiddos call her Aunt Kathy) house all to ourselves. Kathy was visiting family in California so we missed her. Now I’m going to try my hardest to remember all the fun things we did.
Friday July 3rd- Mike turned the BIG 40!!! I think I was having a harder time then him. In the morning we went to visit the Great Salt Lake but if you ask 2 of our kids they would say there was nothing great about it!! We had a picnic lunch and really enjoyed the beautiful weather.
We hung out at Mike’s friends house from high school Chad & his wife Darlene & their cute family. Mike’s high school is so old that they are knocking it down! They had a open house for everyone that went there. The whole trip was going down memory lane with Mike. It was fun seeing where Mike went to school & seeing his old neighborhood. We went to dinner with some of Mike’s friends & then went back to the school for fireworks! Pretty great to have fireworks just for his special day, well that is what the kids think.
Saturday- We had breakfast with Mike’s sister Shana & her kids Shea & Connor & her ex-husband Randy. We were going to go do something fun after breakfast but ended up hanging out at the house. The kids had so much fun playing with cousins & the adults got to chat. Later we went to a really fun park. There was a creek at the park which I thought was the greatest thing ever!!! Growing up in Arizona you have to drive at least an hour to get to a creek & here there is one right at the park. My kiddos loved it! They had all kinds of fun games set up & a very fun play ground.
Sunday- Today was a great day! We went to Temple Square and visited all the great things to see there. We saw the Joseph Smith movie & the older kids really enjoyed it. Shana & Connor came with us. Shea had to work so Randy drove back with her. After eating lunch we went to an aviary. Mike was surprised I agreed to go since I’m scared of birds-I’m such a baby! We had a fun day!
Monday- Mike took us around to where he went junior high & his old neighborhood. We packed a lunch and went Mill Creek Canyon it was beautiful! The kids once again played in the creek & Mike took them on a small hike. Our friends the Steele’s and Anderson’s were just getting into town so we met up with them for dinner.
Tuesday- We headed home but took it slow and spent a night in Kanab. We stopped at this cute place where Mike & kiddos learned how to fly fish. We got home Wednesday late afternoon & man was it HOT!!! We had a fun trip but it’s always nice to be home.








1 comment:
looks like fun! isn't utah so great in the summer? glad you posted!
Post a Comment