Thursday, April 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandma!

Grandma Leffue, Great Grandma Openshaw & Grandpa Leffue


Yesterday was my Grandma Leffue's birthday & all day I wanted to post something in honor of her. Well my computer Tuesday night froze up & I just don't have talent in the computer area! Thank you Stacey for helping me out today.

I have so many wonderful memories with my Grandma. Her and my grandpa would always take us on fun trips in the summer. I visited most of Arizona (lots of small towns) with them.
We spent many summers with them at their cabin. Grandma would help us with reading & math. We loved taking walks & getting treats at the little store.
When grandpa & grandma lived in Prescott Valley we loved to visit. We loved going to the 4th of July parades. I have so many fun memories of those visits.

Grandma has such a strong testimony of the gospel and I have learned so much from her. I will never forget when she would hold Cody & sing 'I am a child of God' to him.

Still to this day when we are eating carrots I think of grandma. We had a carrot & a glass of milk with every meal. I love how healthy she is & she is always giving us great information.

I think when Paige & I were about 12 years old. We went & stayed with grandpa & grandma over spring break. Grandma helped us make dresses. I loved hearing stories of when she was little. Grandma is so talented!!! She draws beautifully, she sews, when we were younger she would make matching dresses and even made us BIG Annie dolls. I wish I could find old pictures of those. She is also a great teacher.

She loves her family and always wants loves from the kiddos and can't wait to hear what they have been up to. I could go on & on about how blessed I am to have this beautiful lady be my grandmother!
I hope you had a wonderful birthday!
I love you!!!

Grandma Leffue, Dad, Mom, Bridget, Great Grandma Openshaw, Great Grandpa Openshaw, me & Paige


12 comments:

onehm said...

What a great tribute to your Grandma! (I'm pretty sure she's blessed to have YOU as a grand-daughter!!)

My grandma made me one of those BIG Annie dolls too. I still have mine! And my girls play with it from time to time....so sweet.

Paige said...

what a great post! happy birthday grandma. i have such great memories of grandma. love ya. also thanks again for helping with the kids.

tammy said...

What fun memories! Grandparents are extra special, I agree. How fun that you got to spend so much time with her while growing up.

Nikki said...

You are so darn cute. I love memories with grandparents and you are still making them.

Nikki said...

Hey forgot to say, I would have e-mailed you but I do not have your address..Anyways Marcie from my blog at Jesterz said you know her. You and your sister grow up with her. Her maiden name is Addington.

Pam said...

I love looking back at pictures and remembering good times. That is why we are here, to grow and love each other. Sounds like she is a wonderful grandma.

Stacey Crewse said...

That was so sweet! All true! You have the best memory Brooke, I love to hear all the stories!

Stace said...

Grandmas are the greatest. Love this post. Makes me miss my grandma soo.....much.

Jim and Brooke said...

Hello!
I just joined the 52 blessings! I heard about it from Crystal. When I went to join I saw you had the same name, so I was curious. Your blog is fabulous! I am pretty new at it all, but I am loving it! I hope you don't mind, but I borrowed your quote from Pres. Hinckley. I agree, it is a perfect reason to have a blog! He is such a great man.
You seem to have a very beautiful family!
Brooke

Crazymamaof6 said...

she sounds like quite the GEM! HAPPY birthday to her! how fun to have such a smart loving grandma. maybe that is where you get some of your talent! since you are ultra talented!

so glad you posted , i've been missing your posts.

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

Love this post about your Grandma. Family is the best!!! It's so nice that you are writing these things down so your kids will have record later on. You are the best!!!!!!

By the way love the music!!! I'm rockin' out over here!

Cheryl said...

So great to hear all of you fun memories. I remember when the cousins did that Three Little Pigs play. That was so funny. We are so lucky to be a part of such a wonderful family.