Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Mama's View

Last night right after we started family home evening Carter ran to the laundry room. He came back with a laundry basket & then went to his room for his blanket & pillow. The kiddos last week did this & he must have remembered! So, we waited so they all could make one. This is what they looked like the whole time, you guys should try it with your little ones. They sat & listened very well!
Oh and earlier Kennedi was crying about some ridiculous thing & through herself on the floor & ended up taking a nap! Nap time is pretty much a thing of the past well they get a cat nap on the bus ride home everyday.

19 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

What adorable kids you have. Actually that's a great idea for keeping them focused on the lesson!

Crazymamaof6 said...

that is pretty fabulous! love a napping kid. i leave them where they crash.

tammy said...

That is so funny! They all look cute sitting there. Who needs a couch when you can have laundry baskets?? My boys would sit there for awhile, and then they would want to try "riding" them down the stairs, I'm sure.

tammy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
blah, blah by lindsey said...

that is so cute! and i love that they just stayed in them.

that is too funny that she just fell asleep there!

Crissybug said...

What a good idea. It is funny how such a little thing can entertain a child.

I love that Kennedi just passed out. It is amazing how children can sleep almost anywhere!

ZB said...

Nice nap time. And what a wonderful creative way of helping your kids stay entertained for FHE!

Haymore Family said...

that is so cute! great tip, to bad we can't take laundry baskets to church so they sit still!

Jamie said...

Fabulous idea little Carter. Anything to make them sit still is good by me! I wish I could crash anywhere like that:)

The Fab Fabian Life said...

It was so fun to see you today- it has been way too long!

Cheryl said...

So fun to see your cute kids! They all look so happy in the baskets! I think it's a great idea!!

onehm said...

I LOVE that idea for FHE! I am sooooo trying that next week!
And funny about nap time!

tammy said...

(I forgot to do the play it forward game on my blog this week)

tammy said...

(I meant PAY it forward - duh!)

Emily Evans said...

What creative kids! Those laundry baskets look cozy. How fun!

Emily Webb said...

Love the naps on the floor! Especially when they look like they are in mid-run!

Cindy said...

Brooke

Your kids are so cute!! I love your blog. I like how you have everyones blog listed. You will have to show me how to do it. Also, I would love for you to start doing mine and Nicoles hair again. I will see you at Matts wedding to make an appt.

Stace said...

Good idea --- I'll have to try that one!! My kids just might listen for once. Your kids are a crack up!

thebigcookiefam said...

Hey it was fun to read from you on our blog! I love seeing your kids and your big family! I love the laundry basket idea, and i love when little ones remember things from awhile ago, I like to think it means they are smart!