Sunday, July 22, 2007

Trips to the Library




I've been taking the kiddos to the library and they sure love it! The older ones even got their own library cards to check out books and play on the computers. I make them read for awhile before they get to play games. Kelsey loves any book that has something to do with horses & Cody has been really liking the Magic Tree house books. They have story time and lots of things for the little ones to do too. It's a fun activity to get out of the heat. We love to get a yummy treat at Water n' Ice on our way home. Kelsey's favorite treat is anything sour. Cody & I love Chocolate Malted Crunch ice cream.

What do your kids love to read?
What is your favorite treat?

11 comments:

Skousen Family! said...

your kids are so cute!!
I am still Shocked everytime I see a picture of Cody he is getting SO BIG! Gosh I love that BOY!!

Jen said...

Cute pics! You always get good pics of the kids! Our goal was going to be to go to the library alot this summer, sadly never happened. I can't imgaine taking Gavin in! Thankfully my mother in law was getting rid of all of her kids old books so we came home with a box full of oldies, but goodies. Corb wants to start reading the Beverly Clearly books, as I think Mouse and the Motorcycle is in the box along with Socks. I have 3 weeks left to do something with him!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

we love the library except for the late fees. Haha! Have you seen the new library on queencreek/val vista/greenfield. the Perry Library? It's small but it's nice and new! plus did you know you can turn your books in at any library-not just the one you checked it out from?? Just found out that little tip! Happy reading!

Crazymamaof6 said...

wow! i totally have standards about not checking out library books for my kids, for the biggest reason that they get lost, ruined, ripped. it isn't the kid that checks it out either, it is the younger ones. It kills me. so while it would be a super fun way to have fun and get some books to read. i can't do it. you are the nicest mom ever! Peyton loved magic treehouse, he loved never ending story, oh and captain underpants is a fun kind of naughty series. liberty likes junie b, but that is probably young for kelsey. there are all the Flicka, black beauty. you could get her reading the classic kid books. fun activity, i am just not brave enough to do it.

Queen Creek Chaffee's said...

I think Dane still has some outstanding fines at the library. Our favorite treat is a scookie! A big Chocolate chip cookie cooked in a pie tin smothered in ice cream as soon as it comes out of the oven. 5 spoons and we all dig in. I could eat these every day I am such a treat women!

Corree said...

Way to go to the library! We signed up for the library's reading program at the begining of the summer & have never been back!! My kids have completed the reading chart & anxiously waiting for the prizes! I guess I better get on that this week. Kenadee loves Junie B. & Magic Tree House. Brynlee's favorites are anything with animals! Our favorite treat is a shaved ice from Water & Ice.

The Fab Fabian Life said...

I am pretty sure you are the cutest mom!!!

Cheryl said...

Brooke you're the best mom!! Thanks for cutting my hair yesterday. I love it! Your kids are adorable!!

Julie Rae said...

We went to the library a while back and Brinlee just didnt quite get it. She stacked and unstacked books. LOL! I used to go to the library all day when I was a kid. It was my favorite.

ZB said...

We love to go to the library. Right now, HY has to be in the stroller or he tears all the books off the shelves. Not pretty. But we still love to go and check out DVDs & books. It's a great way to break up the norm.

The Schureman Family said...

Brooke,
your twins are getting so BIG!