I had to long of a list to even do "Fun Friday" so sad! I missed out but Paige did help me organize my mud room. It always feels so good to get a messy area cleaned up. I don't know if anyone else has this problem but half way through we stopped and realized we had even a bigger mess now in my kitchen. Trying to find a home for every little thing we own can get hard! I also have a hubby who would love to hold on to everything! Love the guy but, come on- I always say just take a picture of it. At Paige's enrichment night they had an expert organizer who gave them some great pointers. We cleaned out a cupboard just for kids shoes, school papers they must keep (or think they do!) and a box for their special treasures. My kids also have a drawer in their rooms that is off limits for me. Every couple months I have them clean it out and talk to them about things to keep and things that are ok to throw away. For example: MacDonald's toys, cheap toys from Peter Piper or Ring Pops but no pop just the ring is left. It felt like I got a lot accomplished today!
Friday, March 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








5 comments:
That is such a good idea. I didn't think about having a special place for them outside of their rooms. Are you bringing those scrapbooks to bunko? How much do I owe you?
I too have a sweet dear husband (bless his pack rat heart) that can't get rid of things. I secretly throw out or DI a few things now and then. You've given me some great ideas. Thanks!
Wonderful ideas! I love to set aside time to organize. Great job, Brooke!
You need to post a picture of the "after" so we can see it. We missed you at "fun friday" but it was just Monica and I running erands. We will have to do a huge super exciting fun friday next week. Tell Paige to start a blog and her 1st post can be the organizing tips she learned.... with pictures of course!!! Love your guts!!!
I am coveting your organizing! Very impressive!
Post a Comment